Man, 26, Electrocuted While Reconnecting Electric Cables In Benue

A 26-year-old electrician identified as Humble Paul, was electrocuted in Okpokwu Local Government Area of Benue State while reconnecting electric cables disconnected by power officials over non payment of bill. 

The incident occurred Sunday evening, March 28, at Ede Ai-agbenu community in Okpoga when some persons contacted the deceased to reconnect their wires for a pastry sum of N400. 

According to a resident of Ai-agbenu village, power was restored while Paul was carrying out his duty on the electric pole with his body resting on the wires. He was electrocuted and died instantly.